Sunday, October 4, 2015


~ Article from my Summer 2015 Newsletter ~

WHAT IF......
  

I was watching a video where a business coach posed a question to his students.  He asked the question, "What if?  What if, for an entire year, you did everything you needed to do to reach your goal?"

There was something about that question that resonated with me and I have adopted it ever since hearing it.


For me, I have very specific goals I would like to achieve for my jewelry findings shop, VDIJewelryFindings, on Etsy.  And so I find myself focusing on the belief that if I continue to do "everything I need to do" to reach my goal, it will happen.


On the days that I don't feel like working, I ask myself "What if", and dig my heels in and get to work.

On the days that I am motivated, I ask myself "What if" and work like a maniac with fervor and excitement.

This simple question has kept me focused daily on what I need to do to accomplish my goals.  The great aspect about this question is that it can be applied to many scenarios.


"What if, for an entire year, I did everything I needed to do to reach my goal.....


- as a designer
- as a parent
- as a friend
- as a spouse
- for my health
- for balance in my life


The possibilities are endless.  Is there an area in your life where you could apply the "What if" question?  If there is, then do it!

 

The fun part will be at the end of the year, when I can look back at my progress.  I plan on keeping my focus on "What if" and if my belief is correct, I will be very happy with the results!


~ To be added to my quarterly newsletter, please e-mail me at vedelidesigns@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment